Εμφάνιση ενός μόνο μηνύματος
Παλιά 22-11-08, 10:27
Το avatar του χρήστη Beracuda
Μέλος του Συλλόγου ΤΗΘΥΣ

Περιοχή: Κηφισιά & Κούνδουρος, Κέα
Απάντηση: Αποστολή στο Βρεταννικό

Ενδιαφέρον το ρεπορτάζ από το BBC News που παρέθεσε η Zin
Επίσης πολύ ενδιαφέρον θα ήταν να βλέπαμε το ντοκυμαντέρ "In the Shadow of Titanic" το οποίο θα προβληθεί αύριο 23/11 απο το BBC One Northern Ireland.

Όσο αφορά αυτό που σας είχα υποσχεθεί, ότι...
Παράθεση:
Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Beracuda Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
Θα άξιζε τον κόπο να ακούγαμε την επίσημη άποψη/θέση της ΒΡΕΤΑΝΝΙΚΟΣ Α.Ε. (θα προσπαθήσω να την "εκμαιεύσω"...).
ήλθα σε επαφή με τον Simon Mills, ο οποίος διπλωματικά με παρέπεμψε στο Ελληνικό σκέλος, δηλ. την ΒΡΕΤΑΝΝΙΚΟΣ ΑΕ, του Χ.Ο. εκπρόσωπου της οποίας την έγγραφη και καθολικά απαξιωτική απάντηση δεν τολμώ να παραθέσω...διότι θα ξεσηκώσει ΘΥΕΛΛΑ 10 Beauforts στο Φόρουμ μας

Οι ακόλουθες ερωτήσεις μας, καθ' όλα εύλογες και αντικειμενικές, τον τσίτωσαν ανεξήγητα

Παράθεση:
Dear Simon,

Further to my earlier I wish to ask you about a commentary if u may.
In the BBC reporting the key issue was the idea to deploy a mini sub so that common people (non technical divers) would thus be enabled to visit and explore safely the remarkable shipwreck of the HMHS BRITANNIC.

So far so good, an excellent idea.

Nevertheless there are some key questions (many raised and actively discussed –alas in Greek- here on this thread http://www.scubadive.gr/forum/showthread.php?t=2988 ).

·How much a mini sub (used or new) with operational capability of +120 m. would cost?
·How many passengers would such craft be able to carry?
·How many annual and paying trips would be able to make (given the area’s weather constraints, seasonality etc).
·Would the approx cost per paying passenger range in the 500 € as reported by Brabant?
·The claim that the ROI of such venture would be in the range of 2-3 years seems as quite optimistic.
·What would be the time duration of each trip (i.e. from boarding to finish) and the approx actual time spent around the shipwreck?
·What would be the added requirements to support such op’s (i.e. surface support vessel, land or dock support facilities) and will such be based in Kea or at Lavrion?
·What added safety measures would be required (i.e. in case of a technical problem that strands the sub in the sea bottom)?
·Finally but most importantly, the Greek Law Decision Nr. 2122/36/2003 which was published in the Government Gazette Nr. 703/4-6-03 (http://www.yen.gr/media/30320/ya_fek702_03.pdf ) expressed as Port Directive Nr. 35, in Article 6 para. 2(a) states that: “the operational depth should not exceed 30 meters”. Hence, apparently there is also a legal constraint involved to your endeavour. Were you aware of this issue? If so, do u believe that it could be relatively easily modified to serve the particular needs of the Britannic?

Looking forward to your comments on the above questions.

All the best,
Byron
#28 Μέλος ΤΗΘΥΣ

“O ΑΕΡΑΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΟ ΝΕΡΟ ΕΝΑΙ ΑΓΑΘΑ ΤΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ, ΚΑΘΗΚΟΝ ΤΗΣ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΤΗΤΑΣ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΝΑ ΤΑ ΔΙΑΦΥΛΑΞΕΙ ΚΑΙ ΓΙΑ ΤIΣ ΕΠΟΜΕΝΕΣ ΓΕΝΙΕΣ“: Jacques-Yves Cousteau, το 1988 έγινε μέλος της Γαλλικής Aκαδημίας με την αναγγελία αυτή!

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Beracuda : 22-11-08 στις 10:33.
Απάντηση με παράθεση