Σ.E.A. 'ΤΗΘΥΣ'  

Επιστροφή   Σ.E.A. 'ΤΗΘΥΣ' > Τεχνική Κατάδυση > Εισαγωγή στην τεχνική κατάδυση
Εγγραφή Forum Συχνές Ερωτήσεις Λίστα Μελών Ημερολόγιο Σημείωσε τα forums ως διαβασμένα

Οι ερωτήσεις που πάντα θέλαμε να κάνουμε

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 26-09-08, 12:24
Το avatar του χρήστη Andreas Triantopoulos

Περιοχή: Αθήνα
DAN και κάλυψη τεχνικών καταδύσεων

Στο huts υπάρχει η παρακάτω συζήτηση για τις καλύψεις της DAN (thanks Skipper..)

http://www.huts.gr/forums/showthread.php?t=3648

Διαβάζοντας το ασφαλιστήριο συμβόλαιο της DAN (https://www.daneurope.org/fdw/policy..._01_4_2008.pdf) μου δημιουργήθηκαν και εμένα ερωτήματα και έτσι έγραψα στη DAN Europe το παρακάτω e-mail. Σε αναμονή απάντησης...

Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 12:52 PM
To: mail@daneurope.org
Subject: Technical diving isnurance coverage

Dear Sirs,

I am a DAN Europe member and technical instructor. Reading through the terms of insurance I found a couple of points I need you to clarify:
  • In page two under the heading ACCIDENT COVERAGE you state that: Also included is Recreational Technical Diving, …and with gas partial pressures not greater than 1,4 ATA Oxygen and 3,95 ATA Nitrogen in the breathing mixture. In page 14 under the heading AREAS NOT COVERED (diving related exclusions) you state that The insurance policy does not cover claims….relating to intentional exposure to partial pressure greater than 2 atm oxygen and 5.6 atm nitrogen…
As I find these two statements conflicting, I would appreciate if you could clarify what exactly is covered. i.e. if I conduct a dive were I use a deco mix at 1.6 ATA/atm oxygen am I covered or not? Is the limit of Equivalent Narcotic Depth covered 40m (5 atm PPN2) or 60.8m (7.08 atm PPN2)
  • My second question relates to page two under the heading ACCIDENT COVERAGE you state that: …and provided that any other relevant local laws and regulations are respected. Given that Greece has no law covering technical diving (i.e. complete lack of legal framework) am I and my students covered if an accident occurs while conducting technical diving?
Best regards,

Andreas Triantopoulos
DAN #: 212791

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη Andreas Triantopoulos : 26-09-08 στις 13:09.
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 29-09-08, 11:49

Απάντηση: DAN και κάλυψη τεχνικών καταδύσεων

Σήμερα έλαβα μία ελλειπή απάντηση, η οποία δεν απαντά στην πρώτη ερώτηση (περί ορίων μερικής πίεσης οξυγόνου και αζώτου - για ποιό λόγο δεν καταλαβαίνω..) αλλά απαντά θετικά στην δεύτερη περί κάλυψης της τεχνικής κατάδυσης στην Ελλάδα. Παραθέτω την απάντηση της DAN καθώς και την απάντηση μου (επιμένωντας να λάβω μία ξεκάθαρη απάντηση...)

Dear Mr.Triantopoulos,

thank you for your inquiry and attention.

The use of Nitrox and Oxygen during the decompression stages is covered, as written in our policy.

There is thus no problem in using it during any kind of diving as deco gas.

The use of Nitrox is also not considered technical diving in the terms of insurance. Which means that the same rules as air diving apply.

You are covered both for your personal diving injuries and for your liability towards your students in case an accident occurs while conducting technical diving in Greece.

Kindest regards

Mauro Poli MS
<FONT face="Courier New">DAN
Operations Headquarters
Communications Department

και η δεύτερη προσπάθεια μου:

Thank you for your reply however you do not answer my first question clearly.

1. Am I covered if I use gases with PPO2 of 1.6atm or not?

2. Is the limit of Equivalent Narcotic Depth covered 40m (5 atm PPN2) or 60.8m (7.08 atm PPN2)

I would appreciate your reply on both questions above,

Thank you again,

Yours sincerely,

Andreas Triantopoulos
Παλιά 29-09-08, 12:05
Το avatar του χρήστη Physalia
Μέλος του Συλλόγου ΤΗΘΥΣ

Αντρέα μπράβο για την επιμονή! Πολύ ενδιαφέρον το θέμα
Παλιά 30-09-08, 09:08

Η απάντηση ήρθε (γρήγορη και κατατοπιστική):

Dear Mr Triantopoulos,

Mr Poli forwarded your email to me.

It seems there is some confusion because you are referring to 2 completely different parts in the insurance certificate and these parts refer to a different kind of cover.

I will now try to bring some clarity in this matter J

If you read the complete paragraph on page 2, you will see that you are covered when using a deco-gas with a PPO2 higher then 1.4 ATA, so yes you are covered when diving with a gas with 1.6 ATA PPO2 if this gas is used as a deco-gas to maximise decompression safety (not bottom gas mixture).

Concerning your 2nd question. Your planned END when diving with variable gas mixes (f.e Trimix or Heliox) should be within 40 metres in order to be covered when doing Recreational TECHNICAL DIVING.
This does not refer to diving with air, where the 1.4 ATA PPO2 and 3.95 ATA PPN2 rule do not apply.

The figures: 2ATM PPO2 and 5.6 ATM PPN2 (page 14) refers to the civil liability cover, not to the personal injury cover.

I hope this resolves the confusion.

Kindest regards,
Guy

E-mail: guy@daneurope.org
Tel: +39-085-8930333
Fax: +39-085-8930050
--------------------------------------
visit our website at www.daneurope.org

Παλιά 30-09-08, 17:53
Το avatar του χρήστη Thanos
Μέλος του Συλλόγου ΤΗΘΥΣ

Παράθεση:
Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Andreas Triantopoulos Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων

The figures: 2ATM PPO2 and 5.6 ATM PPN2 (page 14) refers to the civil liability cover, not to the personal injury cover.....

Civil Liability: Αστ. Ευθύνη προς Τρίτους
Personal Injury: Προσωπικό Ατύχημα

Να υπενθυμίσω ότι η DAN ΔΕΝ είναι ασφαλιστική εταιρεία, αλλά δρά περίπου σαν μεσίτης. Το ασφαλιστήριο συμβόλαιο έχει κάποιες καλύψεις οι οποίες όμως δεν καλύπτονται από την ίδια ασφαλιστική εταιρεία.

Απ' ότι θυμάμαι για την Αστ. Ευθύνη ήταν η Chubb και για το Ατύχημα η Interparnter (κρατάω μια επιφύλαξη για τα ονόματα των εταιρείών μέχρι τα το ελένξω)

Έτσι λοιπόν είναι λογικό οι διαφορετικές εταιρείες να βάζουν διαφορετικούς όρους σε διαφορετικές καλύψεις κια μερικές φορές να διμηουργείτε σύγχυση.

Thanks Αντρέα για το post
Παλιά 01-10-08, 10:50

Παράθεση:
Αρχικό μήνυμα απο Thanos Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
Civil Liability: Αστ. Ευθύνη προς Τρίτους
Personal Injury: Προσωπικό Ατύχημα

Να υπενθυμίσω ότι η DAN ΔΕΝ είναι ασφαλιστική εταιρεία, αλλά δρά περίπου σαν μεσίτης. Το ασφαλιστήριο συμβόλαιο έχει κάποιες καλύψεις οι οποίες όμως δεν καλύπτονται από την ίδια ασφαλιστική εταιρεία.

Απ' ότι θυμάμαι για την Αστ. Ευθύνη ήταν η Chubb και για το Ατύχημα η Interparnter (κρατάω μια επιφύλαξη για τα ονόματα των εταιρείών μέχρι τα το ελένξω)

Έτσι λοιπόν είναι λογικό οι διαφορετικές εταιρείες να βάζουν διαφορετικούς όρους σε διαφορετικές καλύψεις κια μερικές φορές να διμηουργείτε σύγχυση.

Thanks Αντρέα για το post
my pleasure!
Παλιά 01-10-08, 19:43
Το avatar του χρήστη ΚΑΡΕΛΑΣ ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ
Μέλος ΔΣ Άλλων Συλλόγων

Αντρέα ευχαριστούμε για την ενημέρωση και τις διευκρινίσεις
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων
Τρόποι εμφάνισης

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές