Σ.E.A. 'ΤΗΘΥΣ'  

Επιστροφή   Σ.E.A. 'ΤΗΘΥΣ' > Σχετικά με την Αυτόνομη Κατάδυση > Επικίνδυνα Περιστατικά και Καταδυτικά Ατυχήματα
Εγγραφή Forum Συχνές Ερωτήσεις Λίστα Μελών Ημερολόγιο

Διαβάσατε για κάποιο καταδυτικό ατύχημα? Σας έτυχε κάποιο επικίνδυνο περιστατικό? Βάλτε στην άκρη τις ντροπές κι ας ανταλλάξουμε τις εμπειρίες μας για ακόμη πιο ασφαλείς καταδύσεις...

Απάντηση στο θέμα

Εργαλεία Θεμάτων Τρόποι εμφάνισης
Παλιά 02-02-09, 16:27

Περιοχή: Sydney, Australia
Emergency Procedures in Greece

Hello,
It's me again!

Just wondering what happens with accident procedures in Greece.

One of the hospitals has a hyperbaric chamber here in Sydney so if anyone has a serious diving accident they are brought to the chamber by helicopter.

What happens in Greece? Are there many hyperbaric chambers?
Is there a list of locations?

What happens if there's an emergency in a remote location?

Sorry if this has already been covered, maybe someone can point me to a previous link if already discussed.

Thanks in advance,

John
Παλιά 02-02-09, 21:34
Το avatar του χρήστη gkiriakos

Περιοχή: Λευκάδα
Απάντηση: Emergency Procedures in Greece

Dear John
I have to confess that the hyperbaric treatment in Greece is not developed as it should be. As far as i know there is official chamber only in Athens.
I think is wise to have a DAN insurance (Divers Alert Network) and in case of diving accident they are responsible to activate the mechanism of transferring you in Athens. Depending of the seriousness of the situation they will decide the way of the Transfer (Ambulance, Helicopter e.t.c)
As far as I know dan is very reliable. Also is important to have in your mine this and in case you dive in a remote place is agood idea to be more conservative than other times.

Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 03-02-09, 01:09
Το avatar του χρήστη fin

Περιοχή: Θεσσαλονίκη

Good news
--------
Where to go
Athens Navy Hospital is doing a great job for southern Greece see translation of
http://www.underwater-explorers.gr/a...alamos-nna.htm
North Greece Thessaloniki hospital's eficiency is poorly explored.

Bad News
--------
How to be there on time

In theory there is http://www.ekab.gr/equipment.html and some sort of greek-style standard support of Greek Air Force copters and plains, BUT (some more translation)
"1. Κατά την διάρκεια της ημέρας, ολόκληρο το Αιγαίο καλύπτει μόνο ένα πολιτικό ελικόπτερο. Κατά την διάρκεια της νύχτας, την ίδια περιοχή καλύπτει μόνο ένα σούπερ πούμα.
2. Το ΕΚΑΒ δεν έχει στην αρμοδιότητα του κανένα από αυτά τα πτητικά μέσα. Ανήκουν στην αρμοδιότητα της πολεμικής αεροπορίας, με την οποία έχει συνεργασία για να μεταφέρει τα αιτήματα των επαρχιακών νοσοκομείων και Κ.Υ. κάθε φορά που οι γιατροί έχουν έκτακτα περιστατικά.
3. Η αεροπορία διαθέτει τα ελικόπτερα με τις εξής προτεραιότητες: α) Θέματα άμυνας. β) Έρευνα και διάσωση και γ) Διακομιδή ασθενών. Δηλαδή τα καταδυτικα περιστατικα αποτελουν την τελευταία «προτεραιότητα» για την Π.Α."

Private Health companies copters also somehow cover such incidents (job for a hard working 'small letters' reader)

I will be very glad to be proved wrong on all these, and please anyone with updated better news to post it RIGHT HERE.

many thanks again for bringing back on the air, useful (hot is more like it) subjects remote bubbleless friend

PS do not try to explain to the port police, the diference between a rebreather and a gas heater. let things be simply simple
Παλιά 04-02-09, 11:23

Περιοχή: Sydney, Australia
Re: Emergency Procedures in Greece

Hi George,

Agree, DAN is a good idea.

There's lot of great information on the site that you suggested Fin .

I noticed this
Παράθεση:
Νοσοκομεία Υπερβαρικής Ιατρικής
Hospitals hyperbaric medicine
Crete
Ναυτικό Νοσοκομείο Κρήτης 28210-82538, 28210-82000, Σούδα
Naval Hospital of Crete, 28210-82538, 28210-82000, Souda
Would it mean that an emergency around Crete or nearby islands would be handled by that hospital?
Or is it just for Navy people?

Thanks,

John
Παλιά 04-02-09, 16:20
Το avatar του χρήστη fin

Περιοχή: Θεσσαλονίκη
Απάντηση: Re: Emergency Procedures in Greece

Παράθεση:
Αρχικό μήνυμα απο AussieJohn Εμφάνιση μηνυμάτων
Would it mean that an emergency around Crete or nearby islands would be handled by that hospital?
Or is it just for Navy people?
yes exactly (if you get there on time )
Παλιά 04-02-09, 17:09
Το avatar του χρήστη gkiriakos

Περιοχή: Λευκάδα

Hi John
In the most of the situations if they will provide oxygene to patient there is time to go to the chamber even if you have to travel for more than 6 hours. In some cases i know people went to the hospital a couple of days later as they thought that they been ill and they be cure 100%.
Now if the situation is bad can be realy a problem. The most of the serius situations is when the diver get paniced and the assent is realy quick and this is not going to happen if you dive in your limits.
Also if after a deep dive or repetative dives you suspect deco sickness, then 100% is essential.
If you dive in a uknown place, before you dive find where is the nearest hospital or medical center so they can provide you O2.
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Παλιά 04-02-09, 17:20
Το avatar του χρήστη neokles
Μέλος του Συλλόγου ΤΗΘΥΣ

Περιοχή: Ν. Ψυχικό

In general but especially in scuba we want things to be simple so you can rely on yourself in case of emergency.

Personally I am keeping these rules

Rule number 1
Stay within limits. If medical care is going to be delayed then a more conservative limit must be maintained

Rule number 2
If medical care proximity is over 1hr then O2 (100% if possible) must be available on site. (not in the dive center etc)

Rule number 3
Insurance. The only insurance company that operates in Greece and will allow you to speek to someone in your own language (or at least in English) is DAN. DAN emergency repsonse in Greece is made from the Navy Hospital and will advise and/or arrange evacuation to the appropriate/nearest deco-chamber facility

Finally when diving outside my home town without a dive center, I always keep an eye of where should I go (and how), whom should I call and who is going to alert SAR for me when I don't return on a certain time. Diving on a well known places shares the same though these info were prepared years ago

Τελευταία επεξεργασία από το χρήστη neokles : 04-02-09 στις 17:28.
Απάντηση με παράθεση
Απάντηση στο θέμα

Δικαιώματα - Επιλογές
Δεν Μπορείτε να δημοσιεύσετε νέα θέματα
Δεν Μπορείτε να απαντήσετε
Δεν Μπορείτε να ανεβάσετε συνημμένα αρχεία
Δεν Μπορείτε να επεξεργαστείτε τα μηνύματα σας

vB code είναι σε λειτουργία
Τα Smilies είναι σε λειτουργία
Ο κώδικας [IMG] είναι σε λειτουργία
Ο κώδικας HTML είναι εκτός λειτουργίας